Great food. Quiet atmosphere. Stopped in for lunch on sunday. A wonderful Winstons burger with fresh crab delicious. Asked for it medium and it was cooked perfectly. Wonderful service – better price.
I need to stop going here so frequently so I still like it a month from now. This has been put in the regular rotation for lunch destinations and it is always very popular. The space is not the largest eatery and one of those Goldilock’s “just right” sized in busyness vs. overwhelmed for the staff. The chefs are busy but not overworked and the two servers and manager they have are fast and polite. They have about 10 booths and a few tables in the back they can push together for the occasional large group. Also, on the other side of the wall closest to the kitchen are a few scattered high tops.
I have not taken in the night life here yet so this is completely based off of lunch.
- I went here a few times over the past few weeks. The stand out was a very surprising Tuna Melt last Friday. It was a special and almost overlooked for a salad, yay Meatless Fridays. But when I asked what it was the server explained that it was a tuna steak on… I politely interrupted and said I would have that as my vision of a Tuna Melt was a scoop of Tuna-fish Salad on toast. I lucked out, it was beyond good. The tuna was cooked to order and I went with it a little more cooked rather than the seared and pink due to the fact that the raw(ish) tuna and the Swiss that would be cohabitating with it did not really seem appetizing to me. From the group that ate, the burgers are good, the salads are good. It seems like its a decent spot to hit up for lunch and it is.
- They have a few daily specials that are just as good if not better than the normal menu.
- They have oranges for my Sweet Tea.
- The servers are very fast, I think the one has a few cups of coffee before the rush, she flys back and forth down the aisle.
- The food is consistently good.
- The manager actually works. This may seem normal but you would be surprised. She takes empty plates and refills drinks when its busy.
- There is no real pedestrian cross walk from the parking lot rows to the stores in this area. You have to take your life in your hands, I mean trust the VA drivers. not their fault, but their problem.
- Nope nuttin bad.
Winston’s is a wonderful place. Great neighborhood bar. Been going there for many years. Staff is always friendly. Good place to catch live local entertainment as well, Acoustic as well as Bands. Layout is kind of awkward but still enjoyable. Food is excellent! This is the perfect place to gather with friends for lunch, dinner, or just to grab some drinks and hang. Highly recommended.
Posted on local.Yahoo
went here with my mom and sister and we all loved our meals. i got the burger topped with crab and it was delicious! my mom got the potato soup which i tried and it was great! my sister got the tuna wrap and she said she really liked it too! i will be bringing my boyfriend here soon!
Posted on Urbanspoon
My wife and i had never been to winstons and were totally surprised to find that it has been in greenbriar for twenty years. The only thing more surprising was how amazing the the food and service was for such a small locally owned bar and grill. The prime rib was very tender and cooked perfectly and the soup was was amazing. My wife just had a french dip but she said it was the best she ever had. If there was any negative if you want to call it that was the place was on the small side and lil loud but overall it was an outstanding dining experience. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as we did.
Found in TripAdvisor
Great place to go on weekend evenings for inexpensive beer and good live music. The place is small but they seem to fit the band in the corner, just don’t trip on the cables when heading to the bathroom. They have a late night bar menu too with your typical fried food, which is usually what you want at 11:30 or 12 anyway. Chicken strips for $6 and PBRs for less than $3.
Welcome to our updated webpage! Please join us on our Facebook page